Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ack!!

Well, folks, it has finally happened!  We were going strong for oh so very long, but we have finally done it.  Josh forgot to take his Tasigna last night!!  I'm laughing about it, but I really do understand that it's not good.  But if you know Josh and I you know that we are just kind of a mess pretty much all the time.  There are not many things in life that we are really consistent about doing.  So I knew it was just a matter of time before we forgot, even with an alarm set to remind us twice each day.

So what could possibly be so important that we would forget Josh's life saving cancer meds?  Well, an email from our bank saying that there was suspicious activity on our debit card!  Isn't that horrible?  Joshua was on the phone for a half hour trying to get that madness all cleared up and we're still not sure that it is.  Sure enough someone stole Josh's debit card info and tried to purchase stuff in New Jersey.  They declined all the transactions I guess cause we were pretty debit card happy yesterday in Houston.  You know, like 3 different transactions all from MDA yesterday.  I'm glad that it triggered some sort an alarm before it got out of control.  Anyways, our minds were so wrapped up with that we just went to bed without a single thought of cancer. 

We didn't even realize until this morning.  I can just picture in my head Josh's blood flowing through every square inch of his body with those evil little cancer genes rejoicing cause just a few more are able to survive today.  All the way down to his pinky toe!  Makes me cringe!!!  Sadly he can't double up for a missed dose or anything, but we will be extra vigilant this week about his pills.  Although I'm nervous right now cause he has to take it at work tonight cause we ate dinner super late due to his nap before work tonight.  He set his alarm on his phone but he doesn't always feel it.  Stresses me out!  Wish he had a normal job where I could just call him and remind him.  Or one where they don't get mad if your cell phone rings.

Oh, and I wanted to say that UP got Josh's paycheck madness all figured out!  As soon as he called they told us they were aware of the mistake and they have already deposited the missing amount into our account.  Praise God!!

1 comment:

  1. No worries, on dose won't do a whole lot of damage, just make sure to get back on schedule after missing it.
    Hope you guys are doing well, please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete