Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back to work!

Just wanted to announce that Josh officially made it through his first day of work without being force fed pomegranates.  Something I was truly fearing. :)  He also can't have alcohol folks, so please don't feed him that either.  Not that there's a lot of boozing it up going on at the railroad.  But you know.  Before.  Or after.  Or wherever.  No alcohol!

And here's the strange thing - I think the man actually had fun!  He's totally not cut out to spend all day every day at home with his only contact being our children, the occasional neighbor, and facebook.  And it seems like he got lots of socializing in today, which you know he loves.  He's my little social butterfly. :P

All joking aside, he did say it was really nice to see everyone.  He was especially touched by all the hugs, handshakes, and pats on the back.  Thank you so much UP folks for having such big hearts and caring for my honey.  Yes, my honey.  I'm not afraid to let you know I'm head over heels for this man!

Tomorrow I'm sure will be more difficult with the transition to staying up all night.  We would appreciate prayers that his fatigue doesn't affect his ability to stay awake.  I think he is mostly concerned about the drive home.  Due to his chemo schedule he won't be able to snack for the hour long drive, which is how he usually stays awake.  So please pray for alertness especially while driving.  Hopefully he won't have any train emergencies or unruly crews that stress him out!  Get ready third shift, he's back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment