Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our one year appointment!

Howdy all!

We are busy bees around the house tonight getting ready for Josh's appointment at MD Anderson in the morning.  We are going for his official one year bone marrow aspiration as well as meetings with the doctor and the trial nurse.   So Josh is showering since he won't be able to for a couple of days, filling out chemo logs, and gathering up empty pill boxes.

Of course we know now not to take his meds in the morning (even though they tell us to) so I'm pretty certain I won't have to have a smack down with anybody.  Although I will prepare myself just in case!  ;) 

I know we're only gonna see the doc for a few minutes so it's not anything major, but I'm still excited to hear what he has to say about how Josh is doing.  Our very first appointment with Dr. Quintas was VERY long when he went into detail about survival rates based upon the one year test results.  Of course we won't have the one year results for another couple of weeks, but I still want to hear what he thinks about Josh's numbers.  AND Josh has lost all the weight he had gained (plus more!  Yay Josh!!), so this time Dr. Quintas will not pat him on the belly while making remarks about his size!  :) 

At this point this is all routine,  but we would still appreciate your prayers! 


1 comment:

  1. My daughter just asked how mr josh was doing this morning ! Praying.

    ReplyDelete