Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sick as dogs!

So we are soooo sick over here!  Annie started with a runny nose, and then it turned into a cough, and then I got it along with a fever, then Josh got a fever and cough, now Noah is coughing.......... well, you get the idea!

Sadly we had appointments at MD Anderson this morning, including a bone marrow aspiration for Josh.  If you remember Josh does not want to do the test again without sedation, and they won't sedate if you are sick.  So we sadly had to cancel.  Which, really, I'm glad cause the last thing I would want to do is go hang out for hours around people with no immune systems.

Of course when we talked to them they told us they wanted us to bring him into the ER to get checked out.  Evidently that is their standard care for people with leukemia with a fever.  I explained how this is obviously a virus the whole family has, so they then told us to go see a local doc.  Well that just seems silly, cause we still have to pay out of pocket for that, and for what?  For them to say he has a virus?  And they wouldn't even know what to be concerned about for a patient with CML.  It just seems silly.  Obviously if he gets worse or whatever we will take him in, but for now I'm not worried about it.

But of course we have had a mess rescheduling.  Dr. Quintas is out of town next week, and well, we just still haven't gotten it all figured out. 

This will be the first time in six months that we have gone longer than 4 weeks without bloodwork!  Scary!!  We could use prayers for a quick recovery for the WHOLE family.  I will be so thankful when this is done!  The house is SUCH a mess and I haven't cooked in days.  At least we're so miserable we generally don't care about it!  :)   

We'll keep everyone updated when we find out more!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you. My husband had a fever last night and his hematologist was out and the staff told me to take him to the Emergency Room which I did not want to do but....well I lost the battle anyway and then Jerry's fever broke by morning so I'm glad that I didn't expose him to all those germs floating around the hospital. (Can you believe that was one sentence?) Was comforting for me to see your note. I have so many worries but I do the best I can. My husband (6 foot 4/250 lbs) almost passed out his first bone marrow biopsy. He will be due for another one soon and we go back and forth with the sedation issue. I wonder whether a few tranquilizers wouldn't handle the situation over anesthesia. My husband has CML on top of Type 1 Diabetes. He's having a tough time keeping his chin up despite the fact that he/we know that there is so much to be grateful for compared to some. Our situations would have been SO MUCH different ten years ago. Will be praying for your family's wellness and for Josh's especially. Good luck! lisa

    ReplyDelete